Friday 25 June 2021

STEM Week Waikowhai Student Led Toolkits

 STEM Week Waikowhai Student Led Tool kits

Kia Ora Bloggers on the 11th of June 24 kids in the seniors got chosen for the Student Led Tool kits. The 24 Kids were put into pairs so there were 12 pairs of kids and they all chose a digital learning tool to teach the Middle School and some of the seniors. STEM means Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.

My first session I chose was Google Maps. Google Maps is where you can search for places like Disney Land and Buckingham Palace and you can look at the places and zoom in to see what they look like. You can also go to Outer Space WOW Google maps is really cool you can see the Moon, Mars, Pluto you can see so many planets and more! Here is an Image of the moon from Google maps. Here is a link so that you can see the moon for your self.
My second session was Book Creator. I created a book about Cats and Kittens that has lots of Information about cats and kittens, here is what I wrote. There is lots of Information about cats that you can search for on google. Here is a image of My book from Book creator and a link to Book Creator.

My last Tool kit was Makey makey. Makey makey is a digital piano that you can buy and play with but you will need to have a device to plug into but you can play with out buying the kit but you will need to either have a mouse of a computer. You can even play with it with lego and play dough and if you touch the lego or play dough it will make a sound. Here is a picture and link of Makey makey.
I want to do the tool kits again but I do not want to present because then I have to teach the people who want to play my game. The game I learnt about are really fun to play. Blog you later Bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.